I'm not talking about that here; I'm just talking about plain-ole, tired burn-out. Can't seem to jump start the prayer life, can't seem to find a reason to praise, can't seem to focus on God. You're tired - and it just doesn't seem to matter.
What do you do? What helps you when you're stuck in a spiritual rut? Well, I'm no spiritual guru or even a spiritual director, but I do know a few things.
1. Rest. One of the best things we can do when we're burned out is to rest - sleep, nap, snooze or just drift. Don't expect anything profound - just rest.
2. Try something different. If you're used to praying the Rosary, read Scripture. If you always pray the Hours, try listening to some spiritually uplifting music. Change things up.
3. Don't push it. God isn't going anywhere, and so long as you're available, He'll make Himself known.
4. Trust the Sacraments. Even if you don't "feel" like going to Mass, go. Just showing up counts.
5. Pick a saint, any saint. Reading the life of a saint can help - there is usually something you can relate to, even the fact that your spiritual life is stalled. Plus, the life of a saint can help keep you focused on God, even in a round-about way.
We all feel burned-out sometimes - the trick is to find a way to keep the light of Faith lit, without enduring incineration.