Because, you see, they’re worried about maternal mortality, especially in Africa. So with any luck, the Gates Foundation will turn up in South Sudan in time to bring:
- Food, to keep you well nourished? No.
- Educational material, to let you know what you need to do to keep healthy? No.
- Money to pay for a doctor or nurse at a local clinic? Sorry, no.
- Basic medicines for the infirmary in town? Afraid not.
- Bandages, clean sheets, and beds for a hospital? Wrong again.
- An autoclave to sterilize surgical instruments? No chance.
- Condoms? Yes, sir. All the condoms you want.