Acts of the Apostasy: the Top Ten Rejected Catholic Hymns -
AoftheA recently spoke with the publishers of OCP, and they were kind
enough to provide us with a whole stack of rejected compositions. The
staff went through each one – with great suffering, mind you – and chose
the Top Ten Rejected Catholic Hymns of 2012 (in no particular order).
10. Hell Hath Emptied, All Souls Released
9. Jesus, Be My Honey Boo Boo
8. I’m Your Sunday Disciple
7. Give Me Proof, O Lord, And Maybe I’ll Believe
6. Heaven’s Doors Stand Wide
5. Gimme That Wafer, Gimme That Wine
4. That Ol’ Vatican Two Spirit
3. Martin Luther, Prince Of Faith
2. Lost In The Lord’s Labyrinth Of Love
1. Affirm Me In My Goodness (Tell Me I’m Alright)
Do you have a favorite?
It is no surprise to anyone that the Catholic Church is still roiling in the clergy sex abuse scandal. And a scandal it is: I do not know ...
If you're a football fan, you know what an end run is. From Merriam-Webster: a football play in which the ballcarrier attempts to ru...
art by Sarah Taylor Ko When our family started visiting "our Sisters" once a month or so, I was assigned the job of cook. Whe...
Theological Questions Re' the Nature of God, Humanity and Our Co-Existence (or "Why Does God Hate Me So Much?")We got home from a lovely vacation this past weekend. Despite my neuroses and anxiety, everything went pretty darn well. Shout-out to AirB...