Acts of the Apostasy: the Top Ten Rejected Catholic Hymns -
AoftheA recently spoke with the publishers of OCP, and they were kind
enough to provide us with a whole stack of rejected compositions. The
staff went through each one – with great suffering, mind you – and chose
the Top Ten Rejected Catholic Hymns of 2012 (in no particular order).
10. Hell Hath Emptied, All Souls Released
9. Jesus, Be My Honey Boo Boo
8. I’m Your Sunday Disciple
7. Give Me Proof, O Lord, And Maybe I’ll Believe
6. Heaven’s Doors Stand Wide
5. Gimme That Wafer, Gimme That Wine
4. That Ol’ Vatican Two Spirit
3. Martin Luther, Prince Of Faith
2. Lost In The Lord’s Labyrinth Of Love
1. Affirm Me In My Goodness (Tell Me I’m Alright)
Do you have a favorite?
We went to Mass last night, and had an older priest. In his homily, he exhorted us to "semper paratus:" Be prepared. The Gospel,...
If you're a football fan, you know what an end run is. From Merriam-Webster: a football play in which the ballcarrier attempts to ru...
I saw you today as you guided your little man across that busy street. You were wearing some big man boots and watching cars and l...
Covered Wagon - artist Robert Wesley Amick I read "Pioneer Girl," the annotated autobiography of Laura Ingalls Wilder about 2...