|artist James Weins|
I was thinking about him, then, most of the day, and how much he would have enjoyed walking through the new building, asking questions, and seeing where his little girl now worked. And I was thinking about things he taught me.
- It is never to late to learn. Dad went to college after he retired, and loved every minute of it.
- Working with your hands is good for the soul.
- Daily exercise is a must.
- Being the strong, silent type does not mean you don't love fiercely.
- A great dad sets a high standard for his daughter's husband.
- The more you learn about nature, the more enjoyable it is.
- Service to others is not a "nice thing to do"; it's your obligation to God for the gifts He's given you.
- Family is important, and family history is valuable.
- A man treats his wife with love, respect and tenderness. Don't settle.
- Work hard. Every day. Every day - even when you don't feel like it.