|Your humble blogger, enjoying Ale Fest|
2. Had a grilled cheese sandwich with duck bacon. Duck-freakin'-bacon. Taste bud heaven.
3. Enjoyed a Chicago Fire (pro soccer) game. Never been to a pro soccer game, and loved it! (Although I thought there were a few blown calls...)
4. My amazing sister watched over Dark-Haired Daughter, cleaned my house, put up with the dog and generally made it possible for hubby and me to get away for a long weekend.
5. Totally scored on a brief shopping trip - bought 4 pieces at Ann Taylor (including a dress for a black tie event) and spent $120. All items were on clearance, plus and additional 50% off. Oh yeah, I can shop.
6. Ended the weekend at the Cathedral of St. Andrew, the evening contemplative Mass. It was peaceful and just what we needed to wrap up the weekend. I did have a thought as we were chanting the Our Father: all of the Christians in Mosul and other places of Christian persecution cannot do this in public. They cannot gather to give thanks and praise to God through Jesus Christ. We need to pray for them.