|Older photo of Cowbell Cemetery near Berea, KY|
1. Got to visit Berea, KY, home to Berea College. One of the coolest places I've ever been. Amazing history, principles, and students. Check it out.
2. Found a place featured in "Weird Kentucky" book called Cowbell Cemetery. It was supposed to "feautre" graves with baby dolls in plastic and glass jars. (Remember: weird.) Well, we found the cemetery, hopped the fence, but no baby dolls in jars. Alas, it was simply a rather rundown tiny place of rest. We said a prayer and moved on. The fun is in the adventure, right?
3. Saw the movie "Chef". Highly recommend it.
4. Visited a lovely church in Louisville, St. Francis of Rome.The parish has done a beautiful job of re-furbishing the old church, freshening it up while still maintaining the elegance and integrity of the older structure. However, the lector referred to the prophet Jeremiah as "Jeremy" (I didn't miss that book in the Bible, did I?) and the priest told us that St. Paul was a pagan before he became a follower of Christ. Imagine my surprise at all of this.
5. With the exception of Newark, which I think is pretty close to Hell on earth, I love airports. People watching at it's best! Glad to be home, though!