First of all, "Be Not Afraid."
Second, there are ways to evangelize that do not require you to stand on a street corner and shout out Bible verses. (In fact, don't do that. You'll just look odd.)
Here are some ideas:
- Wear a crucifix or a cross.
- Be kind. Always. Better to be kind than right.
- Invite a friend or family member to go to Mass with you. No big deal, "Come to Mass with me and then we'll get breakfast."
- Make sure your home reflects your faith. Do you have a crucifix in a prominent spot? A prayer corner? If a guest came to your home, would they know you're Catholic?
- Does your work space reflect your faith? You don't need to have a rosary hanging off your computer, but you can have a prayer card taped on it. You can have a small cross on your desk, or a screen saver that reflects your faith.
- Ask someone about their faith. Just be curious and polite. Share your views and say thank you when the conversation is done.
- Use social media to witness. Share a Scripture verse or prayer.
- Pray for the courage to be more courageous about sharing the Catholic faith.
- If someone says something wrong or off-base about the Church, kindly correct them.
- Help in your parish's religious education program.
- Visit a nursing home and offer to pray with the residents. Offer to pray the rosary with Catholic residents. Trust me: you will be appreciated!
- Volunteer at a crisis pregnancy center. You don't have to convert people; just be Christian. Use Bl. Teresa of Calcutta as an example.
- Befriend a saint and ask for his/her intercession in being more bold about your faith.