Monday Morning Musings
O God, who have prepared for those who love you good things which no eye can see, fill our hearts, we pray, with the warmth of your love, so that, loving you in all things and above all things, we may attain your promises, which surpass every human desire. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.
2. Saw The Giver yesterday. If you liked the book, you'll like the movie, although a lot of liberties were taken. Jeff Bridges is superb, and the theme remains intact.
3. Had fun hanging out with the Hubby yesterday. Explored the beautiful Downtown Market in Grand Rapids, and had the best sushi I've ever had. Bought some tea, and I'm enjoying Chocolate Cherry Bomb this morning.
4. Well, that was a first. Tallest Son took me out for a pedi. He got one too, and paid. I think he's hooked.
5. AAAARRRRGGGHH. Back to school. Took Dark-Haired Daughter to get some clothes on Saturday. Ugh.
6. The leaves are changing! Indeed, the maples are getting tinged with red. Middle of August.
Being a human is ... messy. Our relationships with loved ones get strained, we get angry or upset, we say stuff we shouldn't .... We ...
If you're a football fan, you know what an end run is. From Merriam-Webster: a football play in which the ballcarrier attempts to ru...
I recently spent a week in the hospital. Two of those days, I was in the regular ol' hospital because my blood pressure was out of wha...
Today is the feast of Ss. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen - men both known for their wisdom. "Wisdom" can be a tricky th...