What to do if someone asks you to pray for them
"Please pray for me." "Pray for us."
What to do?
1. Say, "I will."
2. Pray. Unceasingly. Specifically.
3. When and if the issue is resolved, pray in thanksgiving.
What NOT to do?
1. Tell the person you know a great doctor.
2. Let them know you have a book on essential oils that will help.
3. Mention that an exorcism might be in order (I'm not making that one up, by the way.)
4. Tell other people, lest you gossip.
5. Badger the person about how things are going.
6. Forget to pray for them when you've said you will.
7. Pray "sloppily" by simply tagging on, "Oh, and for Larry" at the end of your evening prayers.
8. Tell them what happened to you in the same/similar situation.
9. Tell them what happened to someone else you know in the same/similar situation.
10. Offer specific dietary advice: "You know, if you go on that Paleo diet...."
There are times to talk, and times to pray. When someone asks you to pray, then pray. If they do not ask for advice, don't offer it. Pray. Pray. Pray.
A few weeks back, we heard Jesus' parable about what makes a good tree . A good tree bears good fruit. I've heard this before, m...
If you're a football fan, you know what an end run is. From Merriam-Webster: a football play in which the ballcarrier attempts to ru...
art by Sarah Taylor Ko When our family started visiting "our Sisters" once a month or so, I was assigned the job of cook. Whe...
Theological Questions Re' the Nature of God, Humanity and Our Co-Existence (or "Why Does God Hate Me So Much?")We got home from a lovely vacation this past weekend. Despite my neuroses and anxiety, everything went pretty darn well. Shout-out to AirB...