1. I got to watch Curly-haired Daughter try on wedding gowns on Friday. Yes, I cried.
2. Weren't the readings for Mass yesterday powerful? And our pastor gave such a wonderful sermon.
3. We welcomed a number of people at Mass yesterday into the Rite of Acceptance. This is the first step in a long, intense journey that leads to full communion with the Catholic Church at Easter. I'm so thrilled that one of my great-nieces was among these people.
The Rite of Acceptance is short, but powerful. The person's eyes, ears, shoulders, hand and feet are all blessed in order for strength for this journey, and they are given a Bible. After the homily, these people will be dismissed every week to further study the Word of God. It is a powerful witness to the rest of us - this journey requires much faith and prayer.
4. Dark-haired Daughter joined the youth group for bowling last night. Her highlight: she beat our pastor's score.
5. Dear Husband and I enjoyed a little time together yesterday, to see a movie. Have to sneak in this time, as it is still soccer season. Love the game, but I'll be glad when the season is done!