Monday Morning Musings
2. Got a lot of stuff organized in the house, which felt good. It did not feel good to Curly-Haired Daughter. She just moved into a new apartment and I off-loaded all her stuff that's been lurking in our house for nearly 4 years.
3. Mass last night - Feast of the Epiphany. Our pastor once again knocked it out of the ballpark on the homily. Even better, I didn't have to cantor or lector or nothin'. I was just another civilian in the pews. Wonderful to be able to pray!
4. Spent three days with a friend near Chicago. It was supposed to be a relaxing, fun visit, but things unraveled. Her garbage disposal died (Dear Hubby took care of that). She is delicately dating nearly 2-1/2 years after losing her husband. Her adult kids are having a tough time, naturally, and things kind of...exploded.
We were happy to see her, but it sure was stressful!
5. Brought back a load of furniture from said friend's house to drop of with Curly-Haired daughter. The weather got really icky, and I was having back spasms, so it was a long trip home.
6. On top of that, my oldest sister was housesitting and hanging out with Dark-Haired Daughter, when she got a call that her youngest daughter was being taken to the hospital with seizures.
Overall, it was a lovely Christmas break, but boy: we blew this past weekend UP.
A few weeks back, we heard Jesus' parable about what makes a good tree . A good tree bears good fruit. I've heard this before, m...
If you're a football fan, you know what an end run is. From Merriam-Webster: a football play in which the ballcarrier attempts to ru...
art by Sarah Taylor Ko When our family started visiting "our Sisters" once a month or so, I was assigned the job of cook. Whe...
Theological Questions Re' the Nature of God, Humanity and Our Co-Existence (or "Why Does God Hate Me So Much?")We got home from a lovely vacation this past weekend. Despite my neuroses and anxiety, everything went pretty darn well. Shout-out to AirB...