Monday Morning Musings
1. I don't think there is anything worse than driving across state in the middle of the night with a loved one at the other end in an emergency situation. Thank you, St. Francis, for keeping the deer in the ditches, and to God for keeping the state troopers out of my way.
2. The hospital food was REALLY good. No joke. However, then menu could use a good proof-reading. The top of the lunch/dinner section gave instructions of what number to call to place your order, and the times food was available. Then it said, "Hand sanitizer available upon request." Uh...no, thank you?? Really? Hand sanitizer on the menu?
3. My mother is a stubborn Irish woman. I don't know where she gets it.
4. We butted heads a few times. I'm a bit stubborn as well.
5. My mom, oldest sister and I spent more time together than we have in, like, 35 years? No one died.
6. I don't care how old you are: your mommy is your mommy. She's supposed to live forever and care for you. I hate this role-reversal.
7. NO ONE should enter a hospital room at 6 a.m., flip on the fluorescent lights, and cheerfully call out, "Good morning! I'm here to take your blood! Is it okay if I turn the lights on?" Bedpan to the head.
8. As much as I hate my mom getting to this point, I know she is tired and yearns for Heaven. I can't begrudge her that.
A few weeks back, we heard Jesus' parable about what makes a good tree . A good tree bears good fruit. I've heard this before, m...
If you're a football fan, you know what an end run is. From Merriam-Webster: a football play in which the ballcarrier attempts to ru...
art by Sarah Taylor Ko When our family started visiting "our Sisters" once a month or so, I was assigned the job of cook. Whe...
Theological Questions Re' the Nature of God, Humanity and Our Co-Existence (or "Why Does God Hate Me So Much?")We got home from a lovely vacation this past weekend. Despite my neuroses and anxiety, everything went pretty darn well. Shout-out to AirB...