I have this note on my work station: Be Grateful!
I tend to be a bit pessimistic, always waiting for the next calamity to strike. I lose sight of the good things. This little note helps to remind me that God has blessed me abundantly, and continues to do so.
What am I grateful for today?
- This amazing rendition of "O Holy Night" by the incomparable Jennifer Nettles
- Secret Santa (So far, my Santa has gifted me some colorful gel pens, a case of sparking water [which I guzzle by the gallon] and dark chocolates.) What an awesome thing it is for co-workers to make each other's day a bit brighter!
- Dark-Haired Daughter's Happy Adoption Day. We alway celebrate the day our kids came home. What a blessing!
- I'm grateful I have a reliable vehicle during these winter months.
- I'm grateful we found a new place to live that we really, really like
If you tend to be a bit gloomy like me, perhaps a gentle (or not-so-gentle) reminder to be grateful is the nudge you need. Be grateful!